Linlithgow, United ..., EH49
Joined on May, 2015
Any day after 11AM
Up to 45 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationI have A highers in French, German and History with a B in English and a C in Biology. Up to second year university pass in French, second year in German . I also have a pass in conversational Spanish from a college. I am currently in my third year of a History BA with intentions to complete my honours.
ExperienceMy only previous tutoring experience was in high school helping younger students with English and French.
I want to be a tutor because I feel if I had known about such a service in times gone by I would have used it. University life and study is very different from high school.
I have taken French until the end of my second year at university, studying French culture, films, and books. In history I have studied the liberal reforms of the 1800s, the outbreak of the first world war, 16th century exploration, propaganda, Modern Europe and German history, Colonial India, Communism in Czechoslovakia and Scottish history from 1900 on.
My education has taught me,
• Time management in regards to both attendance and independent study.
• How to work well in groups and communicate my thoughts clearly and concisely how to take charge of groups and how to listen and work with the opinions of others. Politeness, respect and a sense of humour working with different personalities were additional benefits.
• How to process information quickly and additionally how to pass this information on to others.
• How to work to deadlines.
• How to filter information for relevant details.
HobbiesI have a keen interest in history given it is my degree subject. I find myself happier with a history book in my hand than a fictional one though do tend to follow tends. I enjoy watching documentaries as well as several sports including football, formula 1 and tennis. I enjoy my voluntary work at oxfam as well as knitting, walking my dog and going to the cinema.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.